Located midway between New York and Florida, Virginia is considered the gateway to the South. The state offers something for everyone, whether it’s visiting the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains, historic Monticello, theme parks or the beautiful beaches of the Eastern Shore.
Blacksburg and its immediate surroundings also have no shortage of dining, shopping, and entertainment to offer. Blacksburg has a small town charm with many big-city amenities, including world class dining, fine cultural activities and shopping. Since the town sits on a high plateau between the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail, unique recreational adventures abound. The surrounding New River Valley is filled with beautiful and historic locations to hike, bike, swim, and explore. Venturing out in the surrounding natural beauty is highly encouraged.
- Step Into Blacksburg: stepintoblacksburg.org
- Downtown Blacksburg, Inc. - Shopping, dining, farmer’s market, The Lyric Theater: www.downtownblacksburg.com
- First & Main Shopping Center - Shopping, dining, bowling, IMAX theater: www.blacksburgfirstandmain.com
- Events and happenings over the next three days: nextthreedays.com
- Local Area Attractions: www.cpe.vt.edu
- Comprehensive restaurant guide: www.cpe.vt.edu
- Explore the New River Valley - Outdoor recreational activities, events, and more: www.explorenewrivervalley.com
Area YouTube videos
For further information about Virginia attractions, visit www.virginia.org/